Thursday 13 August 2015

Plenty More to Come !

Windowsill Christmas Cactus
When I was setting up for the Windowsill Cactus photo's, like normal, I try to look around the subject to "see" the shot that I may have in mind or to find something that just shouts, me me me ! I always make a mental note as to where it is, but keep looking, you never know what's just around the bend ;-) So whilst I was entranced by the flowers and set up for them, in the back of my mind was that I had seen plenty of new and developing buds and wanted to take a few shots of them, it was only when I had them in focus I could see the tiny little spines surrounding the flower bud area. Looking at the photo now though I realise that maybe I should have taken more notice of the background where these are, as a lot of the definition has been lost, if you notice just how much bolder the ones on the right are with the darker backdrop than the ones on the left ! 
Anywho ! 
Something to remember for the next shoot, I shall be drawn back in by the new flush of flowers and will have to get the camera out again ! I hope that you enjoy this photo, even with it's little flaws, or maybe that's just me being hyper critical, when you invest time they are all special to each individual photographer. 
Please enjoy, feel free to add your opinion, Thanks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment